Internal: Effective cross-cultural coaching encourages appropriate interpersonal skills and behaviours within a diverse workforce and helps avoid:
Communication problems that can result in hostile and unproductive behaviour
Misinterpretation of work procedures, leading to errors, frustration and low morale
External: Cross-cultural coaching helps improve team morale, productivity, and overall business performance by teaching executives and sales teams:
- How to get in touch with a new market whose first language is not English
- How to negotiate with clients who cannot speak English
Our coaching program is tailored-made and may include:
- Understanding the cultural diversity and the cultures of your target markets and overseas audiences
- How to sell to or communicate with non-English-speaking clients or staff effectively and without risk of misunderstanding or misinterpretation
- Distinguishing the myths from the facts in relation to non-English-speaking clients, including myths that could hinder your ability to communicate with them effectively
- The principles of culturally appropriate and user-friendly services and products
- Settling successfully in a non-English speaking country such as China, Korea, Japan, Argentina, Italy, France etc.
- How to negotiate with non-English speaking clients
- The business etiquette and cultural taboos of non-English speaking clients or team members
- The barriers to and drivers of communication for non-English speaking cultures
- The importance of diversity in the workplace
- Language teaching
Established in 1993, Multicultural Marketing and Management (MMM) takes on one-to-one clients in our cross-cultural coaching service.
Coaching sessions are delivered in English, Chinese, Spanish, Japanese or Korean via Skype, webinar or over the telephone. Other languages are available on request.
Sessions last for an hour at agreed time. We profile your needs with a pre-coaching survey and a draft content will be sent to you for approval before coaching program begins.
Our coaches have five to 25 years of offering cultural advice to individuals and businesses. They have lived and worked in the USA, UK, France, Australia, China, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Germany, New Zealand, and South America.
What clients have said about our service:
"It opened my eyes to Chinese culture, and the presenter’s knowledge was excellent."- Regional Director, Hasbro
"...very useful. I gained a lot of knowledge that will lead to better business relationships." - Team Manager, Coca-Cola Amatil
MMM in the news:
- Interview by AdNews, Aug 2015, pp.26, “Reaching Across”
- Amazon best selling business book in Europe and USA (2014): Welcoming Your Chinese Guests
- Interview by Professional Marketing, Apr-Jun 2010, pp.22, “Multi-Talented”
- Interview by Business Review Weekly, 4-10 Sept 2008, pp. 46 “Arrivals Haul”
- Interview by Intelligence, the Newsletter for Australia’s Independent Media, Nov 2005, pp.5 “NSW Lotteries Creates New Cultural Traditions”
- Profile by Intelligence, the Newsletter for Australia’s Independent Media, Apr 2004, pp.7
- Interviewed by Korean Community Magazine (January 2004)
- Interviewed by B&T Magazine on ethnic marketing (November 2004)
100% money back guarantee!